Hotstar for PC: Hotstar is the #1 app in entertainment for Indian users. With the collection of a wide menu of TV shows and movies, Hotstar is here to stay and entertain. Before few years, people had no choice other than Television as their prime source of Internet. But now with easy availability of Internet and smartphones, TVs are soon to be replaced with smartphones and Hotstar provides the ultimate TV experience in our mobiles. Hotstar is also free to download and provides one click experience to stream anything we want. As so many users want to use Hotstar app for PC(Personal computers) and laptops, here is detailed guide on Hotstar download for PC, Laptops.
Note: The below methods are only applicable for installing Hotstar App on Computers running Windows Operating systems. To install Hotstar for iOS/Apple devices, go here.
As most of the PCs are based on Windows operating system, this guide will focus on tutorials that allow to Download Hotstar on Windows OS. The most popular Windows OS are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1/10. There are other custom windows OS that are least popular like Windows 7 ultimate and Windows 7 professional. The below tutorials are applicable to all Windows PCs, so download Hotstar app for PC free without worrying about configurations.
Hotstar for PC, Windows Laptops
Hotstar app is free to download on any platform may it be Windows, iOS, Android or MacOS. The benefits of watching Hotstar on PC are faster buffer times, big screen and HD resolution. But Hotstar is a mobile application as we all know. On Windows computers, .exe is the extension to run software whereas in Android mobiles, .apk is the extension. So, learn how to run Hotstar App for PC and not only Hotstar, but any android app on PC with below tutorials.
There are many methods to install Hotstar android app on Windows 7/8 PC., but only a few are reported to be working. Here are the best recommended methods.
- Download Hotstar for PC with Android emulators (BlueStacks, YouWave etc.)
- Install Hotstar on PC with Android APK file (No Gmail required)
- Use Hotstar directly from PC browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.)
Android Emulators are Computer softwares that work as an Android mobile on our PC. So, to run a mobile app, Android emulators are necessary. With these emulators, we can play any game or use any app for Android. Features like ‘direct download from Google PlayStore‘ and ‘Gmail integration’ make these emulators best in the segment. BlueStacks, YouWave, KOPlayer etc., are some of the best Android emulator softwares.
By using these above methods, we can use Hotstar on PC for watching movies, TV shows and Live cricket matches. But before that, check your PC for these system requirements. As Hotstar is a streaming service, it will need a faster internet connection and minimum specifications to playback a video.
Hotstar is a basic app and almost all the computers running Windows 7 or higher will be able to run Hotstar smoothly. If you own a computer with Windows XP or Windows Vista, check for these system requirements.
|File name||Hotstar for PC|
|File size||20 MB|
|OS||Windows XP/Vista/7 and higher|
|RAM||1 GB minimum|
|Graphics||512 MB or higher|
|Hardware||Keyboard, Mouse, Display, Speakers|
|Storage||40 MB free space|
Method 1: Hotstar app download for PC, Windows 32bit/64bit with BlueStacks
BlueStacks is an Android Emulator software that is installed on Windows/Mac Computers to reap all the benefits of android apps on PC. See how to install Hotstar on PC with BlueStacks below.
1) First, download BlueStacks on your PC from their official website www.bluestacks.com. Alternatively, you can download directly from https://bluestacks.com/download
2) Once the download is completed, click on the bluestacks.exe file to install it on your computer. Make sure the RAM of your computer is above 512 MB to ensure smooth installation.
3) After installing, double click on the emulator to open it. A default interface that is similar to an android mobile will appear. There will be ‘Home, Back, Minimise’ buttons similar to android.
4) On the top of the screen, a search bar will appear. Click on it and search ‘Hotstar’. All the available Hotstar apps from various sources will appear.
5) Select ‘Hotstar’ from Google PlayStore and click on install. Sign in with your Gmail account and in a few seconds, you will Hotstar app on your BlueStacks dashboard. Pin the app on your computer’s desktop by dragging Hotstar icon.
6) Open Hotstar to enjoy free streaming services.
Hotstar download for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 with YouWave
YouWave is also an Android emulator with the same functionalities as BlueStacks. There is also a trail version and a premium version that needs an activation key to use further features. But for this tutorial, we will use the trail version which is enough to run Hotstar on PC. Benefits of YouWave are easy interface, speed and less advertisements.
1) Download YouWave emulator and extract it on your computer. To download, go to https://youwave.com/download/ and select the Free 3.31 version.
2) After download, click on the file to extract it. YouWave icon will be available on your desktop.
3) Open YouWave and you’ll find all default android widgets available.
4) Click on ‘Menu’ at the bottom of the app and open Google PlayStore or play.google.com from app widgets.
5) Search for ‘Hotstar’ and click on install. Sign in with your Gmail account to download securely with Google PlayStore.
Method 2: Download Hotstar App for PC with Android APK file
Another method to install Hotstar on PC without using our Gmail accounts is by downloading Hotstar APK file and then installing it directly with any Android emulator. For this tutorial, we will be using Hotstar APK file and BlueStacks Android emulator. Once you download Hotstar APK file, you can install it with any android emulator that supports File manager and APK file.
1) First, download the latest version of Hotstar APK file on your computer/laptop.
2) Next, download BlueStacks as mentioned in above tutorial.
3) Open BlueStacks and download ‘File manager’ app if there is no default File manager.
4) Go to downloads>Hotstar.apk and click on the file.
5) The app will be installed and ready to use in a few seconds.
Method 3: Using Hotstar on PC directly from www.hotstar.com
As we all know, Hotstar started as a free streaming service website even before it released the app. As most people use Hotstar Android app while travelling, it doesn’t offer HD resolutions and fast buffering speeds. But you can get the most of Hotstar from Hotstar website. If you do not wish to install any extra software(emulators, APK Files) on your PC, using Hotstar from their official website is the best way to use the entertainment portal. You can watch Live Cricket and Kabaddi matches, TV shows, Movies and also foreign TV series like Game of Thrones on Hotstar.
- Hotstar has also a premium service that will stream your favourite TV shows live.
- TV shows and Movies in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Gujarati etc., languages are available on Hotstar web.
To use Hotstar web on your PC,
- Go to www.hotstar.com
- Select your favourite video.
- Click on Play.
- Choose ‘quality, subtitles, forward/backward’ options from video interface.
- See below article if you have any problems with video playback.
So, these are the valid methods to download Hotstar for PC/Laptop. There are other methods but all the methods need Android emulators and the above tutorials are based on the best emulators. Hotstar experience is amazing on both the app and website. So, Hotstar download for PC and enjoy the Hotstar streaming experience from today.
- 1 Hotstar for PC, Windows Laptops